Thursday 10 December 2009

Two nights of mod

Like two Peas in a pod, the two T's of virtual mod, Tuesday and Thursday, have rapidly become my favourite days on the grid.

Another great Tuesday at the AAi club for Kim and Eden's regular mod set. I thought I was a couple of minutes early arriving but the place was already buzzing when I got there. I had to squeeze myself onto the dance floor as I struggled to find a space to allow my moves to shine. It only goes to show its not all milk and honey on the mod circuit, and you need to bee early if you dont want to be put into the shade. There were a diverse group in the club tonight: the usual mod crew and then AAi regulars plus people passing by, all got into the groove and relished the mod moments. Mod lacks the hive mentally of many other virtual music genres and we embrace everything and everyone,,even tantric Sting gets a warm welcome at the AAi mod night.

Once again there was an excellent turn out, the club is only small but it makes maximum use of its space and the dance floor is rarely empty as mods and wanderers flex those animations to the maximum as the beat pounds out the rhythm that gets your feet moving and your heart soaring. The dynamic duo hit a peak, two outstanding sets, their confidence seems to grow with every set they play as they get better and better. Some outstanding ska from Kim and Eden blew us away with some scinterlating tracks, finishing with the anthemic Small Faces "If I were a Carpenter", quite a sad song now as it heralds the end of another glorious nights entertainment.

We joked, we laughed and we had fun, can any where on the grid offer any more than that - I think not, finding your place in the virtual community can take time. I'm just glad I found mine.

And no I didnt forget, Seans sentence of the week is:

 Get it right up yer fiction!

I'll leave that one to your imagination.



On we march towards the second night in this tag team of bliss, Thursday at the Soul Mods Mecca, and two more hours of feet blasting tunes. The beat goes on in our virtual mod extravaganza, be sure to book your ticket for a ride to the south side.

What a bollox, there I was in the midst of another great night when fizz crackle pop, nope not me rice crispies, the bloomin' internet modem box thingy jacked in for 10 minutes,,lets just say the desk got a touch bruised.

Okay, enough internet twaddle, yep I arrived at the club in full swing as Kim had her set well and truly underway. Fantastic stuff but due to some shoddy BBC scheduling I missed most of it; but judging from the beaming virtual smiles it had been another foot stomper. Passing on the baton Kim handed over to Eden who began to bombard us with a barrage of solid soul standards. thumping out a beat so hard you have to have yoyr legs chopped not to do some foot tapping. If your legs have been chopped off...I apologise, but you can tap your fingers, alls not lost, so get with the beat! Some truly awesome stuff streaming in,,,cor blimey sends a chill down the spine.

Briefly chatted with Davey MacIntyre who mentioned he was organising another extravaganza at the 5.15 so you better get yourself sorted for that one, miss it and you'll regret it.



And when it seemed it was all over Sean stepped into the booth to give us a few more awesome tracks to stride out too, the chat rumbled on, mods, Jam, shoes, and the amazing Wilko Johnston..who? Oh dear! We stumbling on into the night as more great mod tunes tumbled out of the stream,,,a glorious modfest of crazy laughter and fine music to enterain the crowd who manfully and womanfully danced on into the night! Some inspiring choices from Sean kept us online way past bedtime,,,,so I just closed my eyes and mellowed out. Is that allowed, too feckin right it is, its called a mod moment. Cherish them my little pixelated friends! And thanks to Dugi I can gesture those mod moments all night long. And thats what makes this virtual mod life so worthwhile...get with the groove, its heading your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment