Tuesday 29 December 2009

Modernist Fashion in SL



There I was stuck on another freezing cold day, locked away in the back room that masquerades as a study but is actually where I dump my stuff, yeah guy stuff cds dvds etc. When I am trapped in this wintery limbo what better than to hop onto my virtual scooter and go strolling arounf the virtual stores of Second Life.

I forget how I discovered Niniko and Ninikoboy, it may have been via a blog or search, maybe a friend passed me a landmark but I found myself wandering the store and noting they had a couple of cool modernist items. I really liked the red vest [tank top really does sound quaint, so Iopted for the Americanised vest ,,, traitor to my language, hangs head in shame], which comes in several colours. It has a prim hem and prim shoulder pieces which i found less than convincing when worn with my shape. Fine for posing for snaps where they can be manipulated but less so for everyday wanderings, maybe I have just set my shoulders too large and I need a more metrosexual shape. Worn with a white polo and jeans the vest looks classically mod and has a wide range of possibilities as it comes as various layers. I have said it before but versatility is the key, multilayering the way forward.













As I wandered the store I notice some items were exclusive to the Trilogy Rainytown sim store, so hopping on a LM I catapulted myself over there to do some investigating.

The Trilogy sim seems to be set above a cool reproduction of a tube station, in wet and grim England, the stores have a similar feel and its a cool street to park up on your scooter for the odd snap. But, rather than explore I was here to grab a Ninikoboy shirt. I was thinking of buying another white shirt with a neat prim blacck tie but changed my mind and opted for the black shirt instead. Worn with cool black trousers from Armidi and a neat modernist checkered nelt the shirt/tie combination has a very mod feel and slips neatly into my NeoMod wardrobe.

Trilogy
NINIKO AND NINIKOBOY

No comments:

Post a Comment