Thursday 24 December 2009

Mods on the Grid. Episode One

Well, I decided I would do a kind of Q&A thing in a kind of silly but maybe informative way too, asking about a couple of sensible things and also a few ludicrous ones as is the way with these things. I flung a few note cards out with some scribbled questions and waited to see if I would get a response. Shockingly,,,I did, so here is the first of well who knows how many snippets into the mods on the grid. 

Who better to start off with than the ace face himself, creator of the majestic Twisted Wheel, reprised several times but most revered in its original form, yes its..Mister Slate McLeod!

Slate has a had a leading role in the mod community on the grid, builder of fantastic scooters, tailor of fine mod clothing, occasional DJ and esteemed builder of the beautiful Northern England circa '65. A great supporter of all that is virtual mod, Slate is a true gent and plays a damn fine tune too..and I'm delighted he is my first mod on the grid. 

Name:  
  • Slate McLeod.

Top Mod Clubs:

  • 5:15
  •  Twisted Wheel
  •  Dugi's Soul Mods
  •  OSR HQ
My Top Five Tracks Would Be:

  • Small faces - Tin Soldier
  • Georgie Fame - Seventh Son
  • The Action - Never Ever
My Top Three Stores Are:

  • Hoorenbeek
  •  Gothic Cats
  •  Factory Fashions
What is great about being a Virtual Mod:

  • The great people and the great music on the scene..........
What would make Virtual Mod life better

  • More sixties fashions for men !!!.........
Best Mod Band:

  • My favourite mod band was or is:.The Action
Now those essential Smash Hitsian type questions, giving an insight into the inner pschye

My Favourite Colour is:

  • Black..................................

My Favourite Cup Of Tea is:

  • I drink coffee................................

Hob Nob or Digestive? Which one are you?


  • digestive..................
And there you have, the inaugural sooper dooper Smash Hits stylie popster on the grid questionnaire. Many thanks to Slate for taking time out to fill it in. I have another in the pipeline, and sent a few others out so lets see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment