Wednesday 20 January 2010

Northern Soul Mods

Another great night to add to the schedule of mod virtual nights out is the arrival of Baron Ansolme playing a regular slot of Soul Mods on a Friday night. Timings vary as although he kicks starts the night off at 1pm SLT he plays until we gradually fade away, or as is often been the case are dragged away kicking and screaming for more!

An eclectic group gathered to hear Baron's set this time round, some old faces and some new, I think everyone had a blast as Northern Soul streamed out, with a Small Faces break for Aston and Dugi...well they are the bosses; and responcible for creating a forum for all this musical magic. On sparkling form the Baron fired stormer after stormer in our direction, and I'd bet a degree of foot shuffle occured in tandem with our dancing avatars.

The creation of a Northern Soul night was a piece of inspiration, as there is far too little of it across the grid; with the rise of sixties mod in a variety of clubs [who often include the odd Northern track] a dedicated set is something to be treasured, and Baron now opens and closes my week with his sets at the Acroplyse and now Soul Mods and long may it continue.

Saturday night saw me at the Twisted Wheel, seen but not heard as real life got a grip and I had to listen in rather than be a part of it...hmm wasnt that Jimmy Savillle. Ah well, real life has a prior claim on almost all of us. Exhausting weekend washed me out and to be honest I dont think I even logged into Second Life on Monday...shock horror.

A quiet few virtual days, its not always full throttle in my virtual life and sometimes its forced to take a back seat, having fun aint always pixelated.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment