Monday 25 January 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL

I visited Valiant today, and agreed with myself to restrict my purchasing and set myself a very humble budget which allowed me to purchase a single item. Wandering the store, this became very difficult indeed as there were several choice items that possessed a modernist flair. First there were a couple of sweaters, then a jacket, then a cardigan, shorts...hey mods go to the beach too, and not always to brawl. I was stumbling back and forth regretting my budget setting, but determined to stick with it whilst also wishing I was an uber blogger who gets this stuff hurled at him to review. Eventually I decided to opt for the cool military style blazer that comes with several prim details to give it that mid sixties mod feel.

The blazer is similar to the miltary jackets that are on sale, which come in a range of colours, the blazer, however, comes in black with white trim nothing else. Its the addition of the miltary stripes that give the blazer its mod feel, similar to the military regalia sported by Townsend and Entwistle in the early mid sixties Who publicity shots. The prim cuffs also sport a white trim which matches that on the lapels, and make the jacket a loose casual item rather than a staid more formal style blazer; thus, it is ideal for wearing with jeans.

I matched it with a cool Lonsdale shirt, which is multi-layered and so hugely versatile; some cool faded jeans from Juice, that come with prim cuffs; and finally, some smart shoes/trainers from "J's", I bought the flatpack as they come in very useful for a variety of styles.

Check Valiant out, splash your lindens freely or be more circumspect there is plenty to keep the virtual mod happy.

Valiant

No comments:

Post a Comment