Tuesday 26 January 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL

Some of my Favourites



I first saw these Armidi trousers worn by Lupo Lexington, who also passed on information about the Unknown Boutique, and immediately thought they were cool. They come in a wide range of colours are sharply textured and come with excellent prim cuffs to give you that uber sixties tight cuff effect, no randam flare with these beauties. I have several pairs and would advise any budding mod fashionista to purchase at least one pair, sadly no fat pack so I pick them up randomly as I need them. They look great with a blazer or jacket, even withg a smary sweater or shirt, a definite must in my view for the virtual mod.

I saw these cool trainers/shoes on one of the many fashion blogs on the web and immediately saw they had a mod potential. The simplistic design of full colour and single white stripe trim is very retro. The cut of the the shoes and the texturing give them a bowling shoe feel which is architypal mod shoewear. Initially my plan was to nuy just one pait but I had such difficulties in choosing one, and the fatpack deal was so good, I eventually bought the lot. There are eight different colours [six are shown here, the orange is on the Valiant post, and I omitted the pink], and whilst not scripted for sizing they do come in a wide range of different sizes accomodating all avatars. A definite wardrobe essential I wear these with jeans or trousers, the black pair can even be worn with a heavy black suit to lift it and give it a sixties mod feel; the versatility of these shoes means I would advise you to get a pair if they are still available. Why blog unavailable stuff? Because I like them! If they are no longer available look out for something similar its rare that quality stuff completely fades away, its often an inspiration for designers to create similar items.

Another essential is a quality roll neck sweater, and the set I bought from Muism whilst expensive are hard to beat.

This roll neck has been designed as a multi-layered piece allowing it to be comfortably worn under jackets, sweaters or even shirts. Its wonderfully textured, as expected from Muism, and comes with a nice prim roll neck. Its subued colours means it can be easily matched with most other itens whether they are similary subdued ot more vibrant, an ecellant accessory to suits its mulkti-layering creation means it is also able to be worn as a stand alone sweater. Found througfhout this blogs snapshots, worn with blazers jackets or trousers, I would definitely place it in my list of virtual essentials. However, Muism comes at a cost and since I orignially bought this set there are now other designers producing excellent roll neck sweaters that look quite similar and it might be possible to grab one of those. Whether they are multi-layered and thus have the same versatilty of the Muism set, I do not know. Are they as well textured? Thats for you to judge, follow the old maxim ... you pays yer money and takes yer chance.

There are of course generic favourites, shades, a black suit, shirt and tie for example. Shades are best in black with a retro vibe and as I recently recieved a FREE pair from Cheerno, as a group gift, matching that criteria they are currently my favourites. Talking free I also grabbed a FREE black suit from Alphamale which has also lodged itself firmly in my wardrobe



Armidi
J's
Muism
CheerNo
AlphaMale

No comments:

Post a Comment