Sunday 24 January 2010

Modernist Musings

Another busy real life weekend meant I missed the happenings at the 5.15 Club [7am starts, walking for five hours followed by four hours in the pub equals falling asleep on the sofa, its a middle aged equation, sadly]. But enough of my sleeping habits I hope a good crowd turned up and had fun. Aesthetically the 5.15 is one of the best architecturasl club coinstruction on the grid and for that alone deserves to be a huge success. I saw a few messages on my e-mails and I'm certain Boone and Slate entertained you royally.

I have noticed there are more and more nights opening up for mods on the grid just hope schedules dont start to clash and the crowds thin out, the virtual mod scene is small and can only sustain a finite number of clubs, nights out ... would be a pity to have people double booking and so reducing peoples options on where they can go. Remember, its not a competitions people, its all about having a laugh and if you lose signt of that you might just lose the point of why you came inworld .

I am now listing my complaint, that git Sean used some strange hacking technology to pass his bloody man flu through the virtual streams and into to my head. So closetted in my cocoon of self pity I have become even more grumbly than usual. Bloody Scots ... dont trust them, err sorry gran.

Got some cool clothes over the last few weeks. Remember mod designers need a little linden lurve otherwise they fold. Check out the stores if you can.

Other good news Amazon recovered from its post Christmas torpor ans I finally got my cds through, so alongside snotty tissues I am surrounded by great music like this:



..its a cool scooter in the video too.

Back to virtuality, had another great night at Soul Mods on Friday although I left early I was there long enough to enjoy some outstanding Northern Soul choices from Baron and some great laughs too. Follow the red arrow girls .... I'd encourage anyone who has nothing to do on a Friday to log on and tp into the Soul Mods for a great Friday night. Then catch the late late show that Micio often provides at the Twisted Wheel.

Plenty out there for the virtual mod to do, so long as the schedules dont overlap too much we can have plenty of fun in our perfect pixelated world* of scooters, parkas and tunes. Or is that tubes, I do have a SEVERE cold y'know, oh how we men suffer, childbirth pah try having man flu missus.

* All it lacks is bacon butties.

EDIT

Blissfully unaware of this, but its come to my attention that several -if not all- of our wimmin readers are utterly unaware of the severity of man flu or its true debilating effects, let this youube Health Warning be your guide, I am now sinking back beneath the bed clothes achooo!



Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment