Friday 15 January 2010

Nights out in Virtual Mod



Found myself at the Twisted Wheel early Monday, and heard a nice set before Real Life kicked in and I was dragged off, left Albion dancing so I could at least hear some tunes and when I returned it was to a silent and empty club,,,awww. Anyway lucky for me I had an IM that reminded me that Baron was playing at the Acropolyse so just on a vespa tp and charged off, only to discover it was a Northern soul pyjama party, never been to one of them before. Anyway, after a touch of prodding I rifled through my freebie folder and grabbed some slippers and PJs I picked up somewhere [ASS I think] and knocked me sideways and call me Gertrude I bleedin' won! So I now have a hefty vouch to splash on some stuff. Ah Monday, Monday..........

Another day and early evening I again found myself dancing at the Twisted Wheel, but once more I had been dragged away and so my presence was more spiritual than factual. I was actually falling asleep on the sofa while Albion danced at the Wheel, so I again missed most of  Ptolomey Cortes set; but what I did hear did not disappoint. And, as as its a Ruby Tuesday that means a trip to the AAi club to hear some more sharp mod tunes from Eden and Kim. Yet again the girls delivered a couple of very strong sets, leaving all in attendance more than pleased by their virtual night out. The conversation flowed the jokes got wilder and Graz's [aka Wiston Groovy aka Bisto Gravy] hair underwent a strange metamorphis, until it was difficult to know who was in charge: Graz or the afro! Nevertheless hair issue outstanding it was another fabulous night at the AAi, and all there had fun, and afterall thats what its all about. Having a few e-mail issues to sort out I headed back to The Twisted Wheel to catch the last hour or so of Janice Short's mod set, which was highly entertaining, I had to depart just before the end though as it was way past the pumpkin hour; but there was a good crowd and looked like everyone enjoyed themselves. More mod on the grid, getting groovy.

Wednesday, was a crashomatic day. Started ok I landed at the Ruins at began to groove to DJ Divine, then wallop I was out and wasnt getting back in....

For me on a Thursday there is only one place to be and thats at Soul Mods, Kim was playing a full two hour set full of ska, soul and beats and it was a triumph! I loved it, soared away on terrific tunes and laughing at the jokes it was a wonderful night. Poor Eden copped for some rather cruel jokes but I'm sure she is plotting her fuiendish revenge and Graz's hair well it seemed to grow into the heart and soul of the party.

Meanwhile grumbling Sean despaired at being outed, yes no longer in the closet he was exposed as an occassional dancer and I now believe he has enrolled at the 'Burgh school of virtual ballet. Meanwhile the music played on and we had a riot. Most of the gang were present and all joined in the laughing and joking as we finely illustrated what virtual clubbing is all about: great music cocoonedin a warming glow of funny chat and laughter: the things that mod clubs excel at whether it be the OSRHQ, Soul Mods 5.15 et al one thing you're assured of is a damn fine time!

No comments:

Post a Comment