Wednesday 27 January 2010

Mod for the early evening

Often I log into Second Life before the mod pulsing hour of nine o'clock and wonder how I can entertain myself until the big British mod/soul clubs kick off. Generally I aimlessly wander around the grid checking out pointless stores and clubs solidly plugged into my I-Tunes, although I will sometimes listen to a club stream to see if it passes muster ... it rarely does. So, imagine my delight to discover the Twisted Wheel has a schedule posting early sets by their DJs. This now means my virtual mod clubbing can begin as early as 12pm SLT. Therefore when I logged on this Wednesday I checked the Wheel's rota and discovered DJ Dragon Bogbat was streaming in a solid Northern Soul set from 12.30. Left me with a single option really, I had to get myself there.



Shockingly the club was empty on arrival, but as the tunes rolled out we gathered a few lost souls and the music soared on! Dragon played a solid set of Northern stompers delighting a small but happy crowd of punters who danced wildly and made full use of the Wheels dance floor. However, it was destined to be one of those slow virtual nights and the crowds failed to arrive. A shame really, and much as it pains me to admit it, eventually there was so few of us the club lacked atmosphere despite a terrific stream which deserved better, perhaps more group calls to taxi in the punters next time. I'll be there for more early feed sof Northern Soul and hopefully a few more will bus themselves over to the Twisted Wheel to soul out on some shudderingly good sounds. An after thought, hope nobody views this as a criticism, its more of a rallying clall I had fun listening to some great music just wish it had been more of a shared experience.



Wednesday 12.30-2.30pm SLT @ The Twisted Wheel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment