Friday 22 January 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL

FREEBIE MODS

I was wondering to myself the other day if a virtual mod could dress in a sharp mod way for FREE! As this time of year seems to herald a hunt bonanza I figured I might be able to dress out a freebie mod by grabbing the odd prize and a few regualar freebies. It was actually suprisingly easy.

First up was some shoes and I noticed the Jeepers Creepers had a cool pair of bowling shoes in the SAH treasure hunt. These shoes were a must; so I tp'd in there scurried around the very centre of the store found the big boot and made my escape with some ultra cool new mod shoes. Strike one!

Next I needed some trousers, freebie trousers and jeans are littered across the grid but I wanted a name brand, something uber stylish. Male fashion on the grid doesnt get any cooler than Redgrave so hopping on a notecard lm I quicjkly gathered the free black pants redgrave @ le look, an awesome freebie from a top virtual designer. Strike two!

Finally I had a choice to make I could get one of a myriad of freebie T-Sirts that plague the grid, or I could track down a cool sweater or jacket; maybe a nice cool shirt. Or I could go totally mod and get a Parka and after all what screams mod louder than a fishtail parka. So I scurried over to Popscene and clicked the box. Strike three!

Sure I still need some sizzling shades and a neat hair cut, but I was definitely mod and it had cost me zilch, a mod bargain.



No comments:

Post a Comment