Thursday 26 November 2009

Whats Occuring....



Wednesday night found me dancing up a storm at the Pathfinders Ruins, with DJ diva Divine spinning the wax on the decks. A host of known soul revellers were in attendance as this cool gig is an offshoot of the successful soul nights at the  Original Soul Rebel Head Quarters (aka OSRHQ). Everyone is welcome to these nights, yeah everyone even vampyres, and the friendly soul funksters do their best to make you feel part of the gang. The music was awesome, we listened to some old skool rap, tremendous funk and breath taking soul..but sadly no Wham which left one soul boy in floods of tears...I wont name him and expose his shame, he needs his composure to get wed tomorrow ,,,oops! haha.

So, yes the jokes were flying out as fast as the great tunes were sailing in, awesome music and great people thats what the virtual life is all about,,so keerp it drama free.

I enjoy these soul and funk nights out they're a laugh and a chance to hear stuff that I probably would not generally come across, plus I get to reaquaint myself with stuff thats sat lost on my I-Tunes while newer stuff gets played. Yep ,old tunes are like old toys lost at the bottom of the toy box, always getting replaced by newer shinier ones..awww. So, it was excellent to hear tracks by Grandmaster Flash and others hit the airwaves. A strong set delivered some pounding sounds and the crowd lapped up the heavy dance vibe and seemed to get higher with every song, a virtual melody of soul appreciation. In real street, if your hear has a beat, this music will affect your feet,,,and yes mine were rolling all over the shop.

Its a great way to spend a Wednesday, I urge you to check it out.

Thursday BBC1 9pm...Gavin and Stacey lift off.

Which meant I was late for my regular Thursday night apponment at the Soul Mods Mecca, undoubtedly the best mod club on the grid. Kim was at the decks all night and played a storming set that had everyone out on the floor. The music is all that matters here: no sploders, no shops, no irritating pop ups its just a club for the people who want to be there and dance , following in the traditions of the lamented but not forgotten Twisted Wheel [the OSRHQ pursues a similar policy]. This frees the club from endless lag and allows the people to rezz and dance, except for the odd few stalkers who prowl around, but we know they're dancing at home inside their heads, so they count too.

There were some newcomers to the club who were delighted to discover its musical charms and chilled atmosphere, the reputation of the club and its resident DJs grows with every outing, and I sense the club under the skilled management [ie run for that right reasons] of Dugi and Aston will flourish. Anyway enough kow towing to the bosses, haha. And welcome to the Seany sentence. Yes in my little waffle about the club I have decided to do a regular special feature dedicated to my chief blog lover, yes Scotney Sean This weeks Sean sentence is:

 "Blog this"

Hey I never said it was going to be philosophical or erudite, but more from the Seany sentence next week and if you have a Seany sentence you'd like to add...write yer own bleedin' blog, or IM if your nice.

It can be a touch mental at the Mecca and if you dont get British humour you might get lost in the whirl of gestures and chat, but its wildly funny extremely friendly and well worth a TP on a drizzly Thursday night in November I also had a nice chat with the lovely Shauna Skye who has a long standing blog which is well worth a look at, its in my links on the right: Moonletters. So yes I had another good night, could even say it was crackin'.

Its DJs and clubs like this that drags me back to the grid, friendly crowds awesome music and inspirational fun, I sometimes forget I'm um um and think Im 17 again, on my lime green Rally 200 riding down to the Steelworks pub to sit and talk scooters, listen to the Jam or some soul and forgot at 7am I'll be back building submarines again. Yeah these clubs are that good,, full of the euphoria of youth, just virtual this time around, you cant beat it.so if your virtual I encourage you to click on the links on the right get on that SURL and enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment