Monday 23 November 2009

Motown Monday


There I was idling away an hour or so on the grid when the I hit the events search button and discovered there was a lunchtime session of motown being played at the Butterflies Club. A new venue and new people is always exciting marry that with motown and its bliss.
The club owner was present and kindly offered me a direct TP to the club after I got lost, allowing me to dazzle her with my sharp dance moves, courtesy of 3FX, not bad for a dreary Monday lunchtime.
Photobucket
Obviously a popular venue there was a good crowd and the DJ played some classic floor fillers, I was in virtual soul heaven from the comfort of an armchair. The music sailed on by and the dancers revelled in it, I lay back and soaked up the soul groove and chomped down on a sandwhich.
Golden tracks from the Temptations, Supremes, Jackson Five et al, hurtled over the air waves and had an eager crowd rejoicing in virtual dance. The DJ played a solid soul set and kept everyone buzzing, almost had me falling out of my chair my feet were stomping so much. I advise you to look up this friendly little club and sail away...
Photobucket
I'm unaware if this a regular motown slot, or it was a one off special this particular lunchtime. Fingers crossed its a regular fixture, My Motown Monday miracle...oooh lurve that aliteration, hahaha.

Butterflies

No comments:

Post a Comment