Sunday 22 November 2009

Modernist Fashion in SL

Mod Supreme

I have spent much of my time idling around the grid seeking out clothes that help me create a modernist virtual persona. And, despite my best efforts the search is often fruitless. Then unexpectedly I spy someone in a cool item of clothing, an awesome mod jacket/shirt/tie combination in this case, and the door to a retro fashion oasis is briefly opened. Such is my experience of :: ? :: Unknown Boutique, which has surged into my personal top ten modernist stores on the grid by virtue of the ease with which its clothing range is absorbed into my modernist stylings.

The first thing that drew me to the Unknown Boutique was a jacket i saw at the Soul Mods Mecca. The cut was so obviously mod I asked for details and found myself in this mod paradise. The jacket comes with two shirt/tie options: red or green. The red tie suits the mod look better but the green is acceptable, at least that's my taste but these things are always subjective. Its a great piece and as its multi layered it can be used with shirts from various fashion houses to imbue them with a modernist feel. An essential mod item so what you waiting for? Feck it, go get one!

Great as the jacket is, for me one of the best items in the store is the :: ? :: 4/5 SleeveShirt. This classic button down shirt, a style emblematic of modernists, is beautifully craft the buttons on the collar clearly seen rather than hinted at as is often the case. Using these tie less button downed shirts many coats and jackets can be instantly given a mod look and style. I bought the flat pack giving you a range of six colours. The shirts come in both jacket and shirt layer complete with a scripted colour changing prim tie should you wish to use it. Fantastic as they are, the shirts are not without fault, in terms of their mod application, being slightly too short in their shirt layer, I would like to have seen an underpants layer to remedy this for those who like a full length shirt tucked into trousers. But, it must be remembered they have not been designed specifically for the mod market, and in their present form they are still a damn fine purchase and worn with a closed jacket the shortness is no longer a factor.

So, one of the best mod applicable stores on the grid Unknown Boutique also stocks great sweaters and jeans,,,more of which later. For now relish this mod fashion opportunity and grab some cool gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment