Friday 27 November 2009

virtual Brighton


Okay so  the next topic I choose to blog about is the classic mod seaside resort Brighton, its a paradise for modernist snaoppers and general tourists alike. The focus of the sim is the wonderful recreation of Brighton pier, complete with dodgems and other virtual toys to entertain the virtual traveller. The amount of detail invested in the build is staggering and the pier majestically strides out across the beach and into the sea. Pull up a deck chair and have a wee snooze.
So its a beautiful sim whats that got to do with being a virtual mod?
I guess it depends how far you wish to immerse yourself into your virtual mod experience. Once you have  found the right skin, hair, eyes etc to create your avatar, bought the clothes and styled yourself as a mod, got yourself a cool scooter you are going will probably be looking to put a snap of your new virtual modernist self on your profile. Where better to take that snap than at a sim replicating an area synomomous with the real mods from the sixties. Sure otther places saw pitched battles between mods and rockers: Margate, Hastings etc but its Brighton that remains in the consciousness of the media and mods alike.
I hear there is a fancy dress party at the sim on Friday, not sure what the style of the music will be, but wouldnt it be great if an occassional mod night could be held on this sim. Imagine the scene as the virtual mods cruise down the promenade on their scooters; get off [or detatach them lol] asnd then stride into the dance hall to strut their stuff to the smoothest sounds on the grid from some of the funkies soulful DJs on the grid, an all day spectacular. Careful, oooh I'm getting over excited by the prospect, virtual bliss.
I'm here a fair bit either messing around on my Slate built scooter, snapping myself [for as Albion I appear to have developed a severe case of narcisms, if I wasnt an ironic Brit I could convince myself I really am gorgeous and a gift to the world, luckily I know thats only true on Fridaty afternoons.] Where, was I? Talking shite? Correct! So you'll find me idling away on the promenade snapping myself, while I imagine I'm snapping a host of scootering mods, all very Qyuadrophenia, any cool photographers who are looking for a stunning Second Life image could do a lot worse than orchestrate a mod line up on scooters parading along Brighton prom. Ahhh what a ride.....
New Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment