Saturday 21 November 2009

Better Late than Never


Couldn't be truer, damn real life held me up [the wife returned home with a DVD and suggested we watch it together, what could I say nah I want to watch my pixels gyrating onscreen?] which meant I missed much of the early part of the Soul Mecca's new occasional Friday guest spot.

The doors of the Soul Mods Mecca were opened for a guest DJ appearance from Sean the Scotney mod himself; a club regular and resident comedy genius...did he tell me to say that? Strutting Sean is seen prowling the edge of the dance floor hurling encouragement, of a sort, at the two resident disc spinners. Its all light hearted and is an essential component of what makes this club so special to its followers. Typical British fun, support by ridiculing each other, none of it means a thing and everyone laughs it off, brilliant! So Sean's set was eagerly awaited, as despite the joking its obvious the lad knows his stuff.

When I eventually arrived the club was full and buzzing,; therefore it took me a while to wade over to the dance floor. But,lag is merely the price you pay for popularity. The regulars were there and plenty of newcomers all of whom were mighty impressed by the club and its chilled atmosphere. The selection of mod and Northern Soul stompers mixed with a few less well known tracks made for a great set which over ran by a half an' hour or so but who was complaining, certainly nobody with any soul in their heart. So was Sean a huge success,,,well, almost!

A great success, I can only hope that more people come forward to DJ at the club in these occasional Friday night parties, I eagerly anticipate the next one. And there you have it, blog this indeed,,,you been blogged mate!

No comments:

Post a Comment