Sunday 15 November 2009

Modernist Fashion in SL

Trawling through my rather over extended inventory [such is the price of freebie blogging, you accumulate a vast amount of stuff] I keep coming across more and more items that can be absorbed into my modernist wardrobe. The easiest items to relabel as modernist are the numerous sportswear items I've either bought or won during my time on the grid.

Amongst the best of them is this blue sweater design from Redgrave.

One of the grid's premier designers, the Redgrave fashion house excels in high quality casual and formal wear. It focuses on contemporary fashions and is not aligned to any specific tribe such as: Gothic, gangsta etc as are many of the grid's designers. Instead Redgrave focuses on everyday fashions for the everyday consumer. This lends itself beautiful towards the casual uniform of the early eighties British football thugs that evolved into an element of NeoMod fashion design.

I discovered several great items but the track jacket exhibited in the snap is the one that caught my eye. Matched with a chilled white Fred Perry polo and faded blue jeans, the jacket is an ideal piece of casuals fashion, and I quickly added it to my growing casual modernist collection.

Redgrave

No comments:

Post a Comment