Monday 1 March 2010

BoomBox Soul

I wandered from the my familiar Soul pathways on Sunday and found myself at the BoomBox, a splendid soul club that was sending out some ice cool tunes.DJ Airy Miles was at the decks and was laying down some truly mellow sounds, with the stand out tyrack for me me, the sublime Aaron Neville's Hercules. This isnt mod or Northern soul, but if your looking for chilled out soul the set being delivered was ideal. There was a good sized crowd who were enjoying themselves with a busy chat line and lots of grooving occuring. Strictly this more contemporary sounding soul, plus its seventies inspiration is not really my thing but occassionally you need to just put your feet up and chill, for that this Sundays set fit the bill and I mellowed out in fine style.

Check it:

No comments:

Post a Comment