Friday 5 March 2010

Thursday...

No shocks here, yes I was at Soul Mods to listen to a set put together by Scotney Sean. A fine set of tunes rifled out of my speakers throughout my time there, I left as Sean was announcing a slightly extended set. That geezer just keeps on playing records. It was the usual stream from Sean, cover versions of classics, lots of contemporary stuff mixed in with slightly less familiar sixties standards. Sean likes to be different and his set generally is, with some obscurity hurled into its midst to keep us all guessing. Almost all the regulars were there, and the laughs were flowing freely upon my arrival mostly because Josie was being so cheeky, the butt of several jokes, and definitely bottom of the rezzing stakes. One thing that did make me laugh was Sean promoting his own set via a group notice for a different set at a different club, very subtle very seditious, very Sean! So, it was a typical night at Soul Mods we discussed dawgs, dont remember how we geot onto that, I believe there was a blackberry versus IPhone rumble in the jungle, but as I dont really understand either I was kind of lost there. Oh, and we listened to some cracking tunes.

Sean stuck with his non-Small Faces regime, playing Understanding by Primal Scream this time. And to be fair to him there were so many stand out tracks I cannot begin to YouTube a specific one, so lets leave it at that, the Scotney did good ... more than you can say for their rugby, but thats a whole other multiverse.


No comments:

Post a Comment