Tuesday 2 March 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL

Remembering back to the mod revivalist days of the late seventies, early eighties one fashion item that became essential wear back then was a cycling jersey, almost everyone had one almost as crucial as a parka. So wanting to revisit this revivalist fashion icon I headed out into the virtual world to locate one. Unfortunately that was much more of a struggle than I imagined, apart from the Noar cycling jersey I failed to find any produced amongst the virtual fashion houses. So time for a rethink and a change of tack, abandonning fashion I instead searched out a cycling shop.

This search lead me to Jonx' Bycycle shop where I found all kinds of bycycles and a few jerseys. They were not exactly what I was looking for, but the salient features of a cycling jersey were present. They come in several colours but are a tad tame for my tastes; but, we must remember the store makes no claims to be a fashion house its a sports store. The clothing is servicable and will definitely fit that revivalist brief, if not set the room alight. So if revivalist modernism is on your agenda, check the store out.



Jonx Bicycles Main Store

No comments:

Post a Comment