Thursday 25 March 2010

I keep coming back for more

Sometimes I wonder to myself why do I idle away my time listening to tunes in Second Life when I could listen to superior beats on my I-Tunes? Then a night like Tuesday at the AAi arrives which reminds me why its such a joy to seek out virtual clubs, listen to awesome tunes in the company of like minded people. What such nights have that my wonderful I-Tunes lacks is conversation, something new being brought to the deck and fundamentally laughs. And, there were so many on Tuesday its hard to know where to start.

It started slowly, Kim took to the decks at nine which I think caught a few people unaware and immediately started thumping out some storming tracks. Sean was pensively pacing whilst listening to the football in ye olde Jock land, but best not to go there, he was grumbly enough when it was a draw, so I doubt he took the loss well I pity anyone who crossed his picket line. But, the laughter didnt really start until the unfortunate Graz arrived.

Small, naked but for his prim coat tail and trouser flares he arrived looking like the teen disco kid wearing his dads old suit. Obviously he was overwhelmed by shuddering waves of sympathy; well he would have been if we were'nt all such cheeky gits. So a succession of plum jokes, and naked ruth jokes plummeted his way while he rerezzed to no avail and we mercilessly continued to mock him. He logged out came back in we laughed he logged out. Yes, it was cruel; yes, it was not how friends should react to anothers suffering; but it was so funny we were victims of our own comedy lifeline and if I blame anyone I blame Graz and his plumless dwary clone. However, all good things finally come to an end and Graz eventually got to grips with his rezzing issues and returned to us as a slightly effeminate Cliff Richard, it just wasnt his night. Beware of the new viewer it reeks havoc with your virtual style credibilty.

Throughout all this Kim continued to blast out some terrific music and the dancing and enjoyment went on, poor Eden eating tofu sausages missed a great set; after about ninety minutes we lost Sean - coincidental? But a few others arrived and the club began to groove. Lupo made an appearance relagating me to second coolest geezer in the club, third if you count Dugi but I rarely do, oops ... only joking ... no, seriously I dont. Shauna was caught snapping people, aha another fashion blog or just overcome by my pixelated gorgeousity. A blinder of a night, most of my virtual friends on the scene were present and Kim entertained us royally. Is it really any wonder I keep coming back for more?

Shauna [just about], Albion and Goski

No comments:

Post a Comment