Monday 1 March 2010

Mixing it at Lunchtime

Logged on to the grid with the simple aim of grabbing a SLURL to assist a blog post, when up popped a note from Micio announcing that the Good Mixer was hosting a couple of DJs for a few hours. So, revising my plans, putting real life on hold basically, I hopped over to the club to listen in whilst slurping tea and scoffing a pork pie! The Good Mixer has some of the best decour in the virtual mod world and I love to cam around the place peering at the eclectic cxhoices of mod popart that Micio has put up on the walls of her charming club. I put on my best psuedo skinhead brutal fashion wear, a Little Britain piece that has a very vague application to modernist fashion, but what the feck! Strapped on a big pair of shiny boots, grabbed a "Who" T-Shirt and strode out onto the floor. Brutally cool.

The tunes were good with the DJ, JarvisMdhoney Blackheart, was at the decks and he was delivering in grand stye with some classic sixties standards, new to the grid Jarvis plays a mean set at the Good Mixer and is worth catching. Micio was due to follow him at the decks but sadly time caught up with me and lunch devoured I had to get on with the tedious tasks that comprise my real life. But for an hour or so the Good Mixer lunchtime special [well in the UK at least] kept my feet grooving. There still is a varied soul/mod circuit out there its just having the time to find it. Lucky today I did. Chill it baby and pass the mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment