Tuesday 23 March 2010

Tunes at the Twisted Wheel

I have been dragged into a virtual clubbing slowdown of late. Two causes of this, firstly my inability to spend as much time inworld as I once did and there's a myriad of readons for this; and secondly, the demise of good mod nights out. The 5.15, undoubtedly one pf the best looking clubs on the grid appears to have entered hibernation, the soul clubs are still functioning but often clash with each other, the AAi seems to be suffering low turn out of late, although I am culpable as I've missed a few myself. Soul Mods continues to fly the flag, but real life affairs have put a stumble on Friday Northern Soul, but I believe a remedy is at hand. Despite this shift I have been to a few cool night on the grid and strutted my funky stuff.

I headed to the Twisted Wheel on a couple of occassions and heard some great sets from DJ Dragon, Boone and Evenstar who played their regular slots. A wide range of tunes on the various nights I was there: generic sixties, classic mod, authentic Northern Soul and some chilled soul tunes too, providing a wide appeal for the range of clubbers who wandered into the club. So, although I was pretty quiet I had a couple of fun nights listening to some sharp grooves during my time ion the grid, just wish there was a touch more variations in venues sometimes and am pinning my hopes on a fantastic 5.15 relaunch, you never know it might happen, fingers crossed it does. Until then I'll enjoy myself at the cool clubs that are providing smart sixties beats on the grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment