Monday 22 March 2010

Mods on the Grid. Episode nine

It often seems that the virtual mod scene is an utterly British affair, but there are several non-UK based virtual mods, and some of them are not even European but, shhhhush American. Now our colonial cousins with their korfeee and pancakes for breakfast as opposed to tea and toast, might seem a little strange, indeed when I first encountered them I was a little afraid, so loud so different, not unlike your first girlfriends younger brother. But now I quite like them, and am delighted to see that some have rejected spandexian Bon Jovi and joined the virtual mod camp.

Milev is one such individual, I have only met him very briefly at clubs due to the time differences that plague a global community. But brief as those encounters were I could see he had a sharp dress sense, firmly grounded in modernist style, a cool hair cut and was groovin to somwe chilling tunes. An ideal candidate for my mods on the grid. So i hit him with a note card which he kindly completed and sent back to me. So mods and modettes I present out first US Mod on the Grid, Mister Milev Milev.

Name:  
  • Milev Milev

Top Mod Clubs:

  • 5:15
  • The Twisted Wheel
  • Any empty mansion in SL
My Top Five Tracks Would Be:

  • Work Song by Georgie Fame & The Blue Flames
  • Tears of a Clown by Smokey Robinson &; The Miracles
  • Senor Blues by Horace Silver
  • Return of Django by The Upsetters
  • Almost Grown by Small Faces

My Top Three Stores Are:

  • Arai
  • Ordinary Design
  • Whippet & Buck
What is great about being a Virtual Mod:

  • It doesn't cost half a fortune to cover myself in nice clothes, and its a good way to meet with mods from all around the world.
What would make Virtual Mod life better

  • 1) More music events that are convenient for those of us across the Atlantic!
    2) More vintage style suits
    3) A never-ending flow of linden dollars
Best Mod Band:

  • My favourite mod band was or is :Mose Allison
Now those essential Smash Hitsian type questions, giving an insight into the inner pschye

My Favourite Colour is:

  • Red...............................

My Favourite Cup Of Tea is:

  • No tea, only espressos!..............................

Hob Nob or Digestive? Which one are you?



  • I'm American and I've only ever had Digestive, so I guess that takes my vote by default?................





  • No comments:

    Post a Comment