Thursday 11 March 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL

There I was looking to chill out in a T-Shirt, so I rifled through my inventory and discovered I was a touch short in that department. I have masses of them but they're either freebies plugging some store or unky or trance inspired spirals, only a handful of sixties or mod inspred shirts, so I went in search of some. Luckily in the Twisted Wheel where Dragon Bogbat was wearing a sharp Jam T-Shirt, so I asked for a lm which he kindly provided and I was off on a shopping spree.

There was a huge collection of T-Shirts available, mostly rock, film or comedy inspired but amidst the masses were some highly suited to the NeoMod looking to chill. The classic Union flag was an obvious buy, as was the The Who target shirt, I also grabbed the Oasis shirt as a nod to Brit Pop, and the revivalist royalty the Jam shirt was an essential. Two others with less than obvious mod links were the George Best and Ali T-Shirts but as iconic sportsman of the sixties I felt they were definitely suitable and obvious candidates for modernist pop art. Coming in a variety of layers the T-Shirts are very versatile, they are also tintable so you can colour them as you please or just stay with the standardised white. They do not come with a jacket layer so they tucked in look slightly formalises the style but thats ideal for a rather conservative retro sixties style. I like them a lot, indeed I also grabbed a Liverpool Football Club shirt, but the less said on that the better. So, if your looking to flake out whilst still upholding your mod credentials go grab a chilled T-Shirt.

T-Shirt Action

No comments:

Post a Comment