Tuesday 29 June 2010

Wheel on Monday

I opted to log on inworld on Monday for the first time in quite a while and then had to decide where I would head to in order to find some chilled tunes. Knowing bothe the AAi and Soul Mods were closed for Mod business on a Monday I decided to try out the Twisted Wheel remembering they have quite a bulging roster of Js playing mod and soul throughout the week.

Arriving early I grabbed a pew and listened to the chit chat, occassionally joining in and chilled to some cool tunes, some not so good, while I waited for the DJ Markus Arkin to arrive and start his set.For a short while Markus ran his own club Soul Suite but now has a residency at the Twisted Wheel, he can be counted on to supply some cool soul tunes so I was happy to wait for him to turn up. Then typical of all things virtual real life made a call and I had to log off, when I relogged Markus' set was in full flow to a small but appreciable crowd. Why clubs seem emptier trhese days was a topic of conversation and we guessed its the summer sunshine drawing people away from their overheating keyboards and out into the real world. But felt confident numbers would rise with the first of the autumn chills. Obviously the coolest people are virtual clubbing with their lap tops on wi-fi sat out in the sun slurping chilled beers. Moi? I am sat by a hulking desktpo drinking tea, guess that puts me out of the circle of cool .. fortunately I'm virtual ice, hahaha.

So I began to enjoy myself to a scinterlating soul soundtrack, and strutted my dance animated stuff. We briefly chatted about the sim and who conceived, designed and buolt it. We all know the answer to that and if your stuck, check out the photo on the pillar, no it was'nt Boonie or Lupo, so... I was having a fine time when once again the boring necesseties of real life intervened and I was dragged away. When I got back the bloomin' thing had shut down, I'd forgotten I had re-installed the programme and not utilised the advanced function to over ride a few basic Second Life irritants. I had failed to do this basically because I had forgotten how to activate the advanced column. Hints welcome, cheers.

Another great night brought to an abrupt halt by the twin inadequacies of my real life and my utterly feeble technical skills. A great set from Markus with some stomping Northern Soul, pleasant company and interesting chat, not a bad return for a tentative log on and a gamble that there'd be some cool mod entertainment somewhere on the grid. May not be a pounds shillings and pence victory but it put a smile on my face.

ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment