Thursday 17 June 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL

All this football on TV and its effect on the virtual world has had me scurrying around looking for suitably mod football items. The obvious route is to draw your influences from the casuals fashion styling and so a neat track top was an immediate priority on my list, and I was again lucky on XStreet and found this fine England track top made  by Graphic Macarthur who currently has no store as this item is his first and only design but he mentioned in an IM that he planned to open a store when he had created sufficient items with which to stock it. Okay the St George, Three Lions graphics may not appeal to your sense of nationality but it should be appreciated for it mod sensibilities. As a first design I was mightily impressed with the texturing, the graphical quality of the design, sharp and simple - a classic piece of modernist fashion. And, I was delighted to file it in my Mod Casuals folder alongside my Fila and other casuals inspired fashion items. There are some fine football items out there at the moment some lend themselves to the mod look easier than others, and some nationalities sit within the mod culture easier than others. Be bold take a look and grab something suitably iconic, personally I think its a struggle to better this. You may well equal it but better it, I'm unconvinced. Its been matched with the classical mod white jeans from the Unknown Boutique and also another iconic mod fashion piece a Fred Perry polo shirt from FS Design . Slap on your shades and pose at will, its coming home!

No comments:

Post a Comment