Friday 25 June 2010

Oh Bollox!!!


The big problem with summer is its warm, this encourages you to chill in the afternoon sun and drink a few cold beers ... ah very relaxing. But there are penalties for this, one of which is sofasomnipathy. Okay, I made that up it doesn't exist, but falling asleep on the sofa after afternoon drinking can lead to severe misfortunes, such as missing a night at Soul Mods. Yeah, I slept through it blissfully snoring (allegedly) whilst Lupo Lexington sent out a stream of cool tunes. I have yet to catch a Lupo DJing set but I'm surmising if he is playing at the club they must be cool tunes otherwise he wouldn't be there. So, I probably missed a great night with Lupo's fan club in full swing and some cool music thrown into the mix it will have been another fun night in virtual clubland. Clubland, oh dear I'm beginning to sound like Brian Potter, are we opening the first virtual Phoenix Club?

So I have nothing to blog about having failed to attend another mod night, nobody to gently mock, nobody to hype up and no opportunity for narcissistic lyricism. Oh well, it will be fashion comments again I guess, more shoes I think ... how cool is that, yeah putting some sole back into the blog. Oh dear, I'll get me coat.

On a kind of mod related topic, ie several of us were in attendance. Had a great time at the AAi for Jellies rezz day party. Great tunes by Graz, the club was heaving and everybody seemed to be having a lot of fun. Plenty of crazy dance animation, plenty of wild gestures and lots of laughter a great night in. I was quiet throughout most of it, issues reading the type, but chilled to the tunes and joined in the chat when it was essential [like "are mods some kind of emo?" still sends a shiver down my spine]. Anyway a great night and you can catch Jellies own comments on her post over at Moonletters.

Fingers crossed see you tonight at Soul Mods, no beers no sofa, I will remain strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment