Thursday 22 April 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL


This suit has already been blogged by Shauna Skye here; but quality product often need to be publicised more than once so I thought I would give the suits some more publicity, if a blog read by half a dozen people really can publicise anything, can it? What the feck I'm doing it anyway ... because its fun.

There are three suits in the range and they are distinctly marketed as Mod suit classics:
mod suits have quite specific requirements and so its interesting to note if the suits meet those rather excruciating standards. In virtual terms the suits are great, with plenty of prim attachments to help the suits stand out from the crowd, the variable tie prim shirt collar is an imaginative idea, but the lapels on the suit jacket are perhaps a shade too long, the prim bottom of the jacket is perhaps also too long for a "mod" classic but in terms of what is available grid wise its fantastic. A pale grey and black fabric has been used on two of the suits whilsts the thrird with its grey jacket fabric but black pocket flaps and black trousers is far more Beatlesque in design than retro mod. So I have my doubts as to mod classics if I apply strict mod fashionista rules but this is the virtual world and I am often bending the rules of the mod fashion dictatorship to accomodate classic virtual design that whilst not strictly mod exudes a modernist vibe, and feels as tghough it should be mod.

These suits justly deserve there title as virtual mod classics and I'm glad Shauna pointed them in my direction, Iopted for the black suit as I felt it was a shade sharper than either of the other two, but thats a preference thing rather than an objective criticism. I also opt for the red handkerchief for the same reasons. Worn with some cool black shoes either from the store or from some other suitably modernist style the virtual mod will definitely turn a few heads in this sharp cut well designed mod retro classic.

Umi Usagi

No comments:

Post a Comment