Wednesday 28 April 2010

Its different........

Whlist waffling about virtual mod and soul DJs I mentioned that one plays the unusual, more obscure tracks in an unstructured way as the muse takes him. I think I should retract that as Graz newly defined unusual mod music and unstructured sets last night when he slipped "Musical Youth" onto his decks. Now, lets be fair he makes no claims at mod greatness and he did step in to help us out otherwise it would be the Four Seasons all night. But c'mon Musical Youth-Pass the Dutchie!!!


Get the gist....

So, it was an unusual mod night over at the AAi, Eden still having technical problems, Kim unavailable and Sean unlike the rest of us actrually piossessing a real life social calender we were lucky to get anyone and what Graz lacked in mod style he more than supplement with fun and laughter, in the end its that which we turn up for. Plus, the limited mod library meant we got a lot of Weller, which is always good, and some classic revivalist ska from the Beat. the Specials and Madness.

Its been a couple of weeks since I attended the AAi nights and I was glad I did, another fun night mocking each ther, ok I'm being polite ... we mostly mocked Graz, but as an ace face mocker - he makes it so easy. I gave away all my best fashion tips, fool that Iam, Graz played some tunes and the crowd danced and cheered and laughed. Thats a virtual night on the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment