Monday 12 April 2010

Into the Dragon's Den


A Monday night opening for a new Northern Soul Venue is not something this virtual funkster wanted to miss. So when the mods flyer winged its way my way via the e-mail reminder I logged on jumped on the tp and settled myself into the groove. Awesome!

Proprietor and DJ Dragon Bogbat has opened a visually stunning venue, architecturally its sparse and its look is wholescale robbing out of thold FAC51 Hacienda [as seen recently on Film4 in the excellent Twenty Four Hour Party People]. Despite the iconic Madchester features and huge dollop of acid house imagery rest assured the mu8sic tonight was rooyed in Northern Soul and had me spinning my heart out. Definitely worth getting your brogues and talc out for these choice tunes.


If you are looking for some cool tunes in a stunning looking club I urge you to check out the Dragon's Den, supoort your little clubs you dont realise how much we need them til they're gone. Its a quiet place currentl;y but once news filters out that another great Soul Venue has opened its doors hopefully virtual mods will rally around to make a groovy Monday night venue shine on the weekly rota, I'm loving it low lag its bliss. Chill ito some awesome music ts well worth the trip.

Dragons Den

No comments:

Post a Comment