Thursday 3 February 2011

Virtual versus Real...only ever one winner,,,,

,,,,and so, its time to log out, again

The problem with the virtual life is that its subject to the vagaries of the tandem existence of my real life which so often interferes with it. So there I was at the Soulsville clubhouse listening to a cool Northern Soul set which Marcus was valiantly streaming in, battling against the fragility of failing servers and other techy issues that bewilder me. As I listened to the cool tunes Albion funked his heart out on the dance floor. I enjoy the quiet relaxed atmosphere at Soulsville, I'm probably quite a dull presence as I am generally quietly enjoying the tunes whilst performing some mundane real life task on the web. Could be that the stream is an interactive radio where you and your avatar are part of the show. So there I am having fun when the call comes, real life intervenes and its time to log out and leave the fun filled virtual life for the task driven existence in the real world. Have fun soul seekers, see you all later at Soul Mods.

Soul Mods is the heartbeat of my meagre virtual existence, I have missed a couple of nights and am a failing regular as I am an unreliable member at the moment, the curse of real life affects me here too. Oh well fingers crossed I'll make it this week.

Arrived early and yet still ended up being a late arrival, thankfully Josie was kind of occupied so I didnt end up in a cupboard, aha how sweet. Kim was on deck and her set was very eclectic and very wonderful with some storming tunes that had everyone happily gyrating their pixels in a frantic dance style. A busy crowd tonight, with plenty of new faces and some very familiar ones too. From my corner it looked like everyone was having a blast and after all that's the ethos of Dugi and Aston's club for everyone to have fun with no drama while we chat nonsensically and listen to great tunes. Its still working for me so if you're roaming the grid get yourself over here. In fact there is a good ten minutes left so why not do it now! You know you want too, just watch out for Graz he is hunting for his prim I think some girl ripped it off, ouch! More fun needed in your Second Life, grab a scooter and get over to Soul Mods.

No comments:

Post a Comment