Saturday 12 February 2011

Two Nights at Soul Mods

Headed to Soul Mods on Thursday to listen to Eden deliver another great set, just when you think you're familiar with her track listing Eden goes off on a sounds adventure and hits you with a barrage of new tunes that blow your mind. This Thursday was one of those occasions and whilst some may know all the stuff I for one am willing to hold my hand up and admit to ignorance, but am much happier for having my ears opened to these great tunes. So it was a great night, lots of funny banter and some majestic tunes both old and new had us all stomping, and in my case coughing but a little bit of suffering is worth the price for such enjoyment, and before you ask yeah Albion is a better dancer than me.

Friday had a new face on decks, Janice Short, whilst well known on the DJ circuit this was her first outing as a DJ at Soul Mods and she delivered a thumping sixties set, full of classic Motown and white boy blues beat bands that kept everyone happy for a couple of hours. Another excellent turn out and the club, with over thirty people resident at some points thoroughly engaged by the music and having a laugh, the sole reasons for Soul Mods existence. It is y'know, just ask the man himself, Dugi's often said once its no longer fun that's it, so do your damnest to keep it fun people its one of very few refuges for us virtual mods lets not lose it. As often happens I got dragged off the keyboard to deal with real life stuff, whilst the missus attended to the post OFSTED mayhem that afflicts all teacher households every now again, but I listened in even though I wasn't at my keyboard. Lucky for me I arrived back before the dastardly Josie and Shauna shoved me into a cupboard; those girls you just cannot trust them Lupo said goodnight twice, I think he does it so everyone say goodbye and shows how popular he is,,,unlike me, boo hoo. Sean turned up as did Graz and they had a prowling contest just off the dance floor. Its not a real contest but it fills up another sentence, filling it served me well through University so why not here. Lots of new faces brought in by the appearance of Janice on decks hopefully a few will visit again, and all in all a great night had by everyone. Fun on a lindens budget, cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment