Thursday 9 September 2010

risen from the Flames

Despite the demise of the Emerald Second Life viewer I have not had to join the disgruntled mob of Viewer 2 users, I stumbled into the Imprudence viewer but that merely left me stranded on a barren rock unable to teleport. So I tried the Phoenix viewer and after some techy fiddling resolved its issues and logged in to enjoy a great night at Soul Mods.

Lupo was up on decks again and he treated us once more to some beautiful tunes. I spent much of the first thirty minutes deciding what shoes to wear ... vanity can be such a burden, choosing pants was quicker but also consumed some time. Then I drifted off listening and singing along to myself as Lupo played a series of sixties standards. Although we were few in number tonight everyone present had a fine time we chatted, oh yes indeed did we chat but I wont go there.. I talk enough bollox as it is. And, we laughed whilst enthusing about the music, after all its the music that drags us all to Dugi and Aston's place. Different places, different ages, different ideas but we share a love of the cool sounds that our friends play for us and it makes our virtual lives worth bothering with. Having just watched This is England '86,[with Woody veering from a sharp Weller look circa '93 to a demented Catweazle* dependent on his facial expression] I am feeling exceptionally mellow. I had a great time and once again can only recommend this club to all in the virtual world who are enthralled by sixties music, sixties culture or who just want to have a laugh with cool people while listening to some nice tunes, not everyone is as sadly obsessed as I am; so dont be scared, go on treat yourself and get your @rse there.

* Who? Hahaha seventies childhood, and yeah he lacks the beard but definitely Catweazle

No comments:

Post a Comment