Friday 3 September 2010

Okay who Turned the lights Out?


The single biggest issue I have in my virtual life is that it is wholly reliant upon reliable technology and lets be frank technology is about as reliable as your local bus route. So tonight I'm already late at Soul Mods due to my rather foolhardy allegiance to the National football team but I log on teleport in with a rather sharp paisley shirt, to be met by Slate looking equally smooth in his paisley, great minds an' all that. Tabby is on the decks and playing some awesome tunes, I've set in a grooving dance animation and having fun chatting with everyone. Its the usual daft jokes mixed with appreciative yells to enthuse about the music. We're having fun. Lupo, cool modernism in motion turns up and the chat gets better as the tunes follow. I opt to tip, head up to the little cash icon to replenish my funds [15 lindens doesn't go far these days y'know] when bingo the screen goes black. I have a little message top left Second Life: Not Responding. But hey its still streaming so all isn't lost its like a radio station I can hear the tunes but cannot participate. I'll live with that there's only 10 minutes to go anyway, by the time I reboot everyone will have logged out and then virtuality delivers its coupe de grace and informs me I have been logged out but I can check my IMs. I hope there's one from technology saying sorry we fecked up. Catch you all on the flip side.

Other things happening this week. Thursday saw the Baron return in blistering form to Soul Mods and deliver a thunderous set full of Northern Soul gems. A great night for all in attendance as the Baron plucked some sweet tunes from his vast catalogue of records. A great night and you'd all do well to get your dancing feet along to the next Soul Mods Baron extravaganza. Tuesday night saw Graz takes the decks at the AAi to deliver a two hour modfest and the boy done good. Some great tunes played a real fun atmosphere that had the floor bouncing. Another great night of virtual entertainment. Sadly my time at both these gigs was cut short by real life stuff but the hour or so I spent at each of them illustrated there is still fantastic mod sets out there if you teleport yourself along to the correct venues.

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment