Tuesday 16 February 2010

Whats going On..

No not an excuse to put up the marvelous Marvin Gaye classic, but what's going on with my bleedin' health: man flu and now I have spent three days housebound with a rather ugly stomache bug. Blimey nobody explained middle age was going to be like this I figured it was all slippers and reminiscing not a series of minor illnesses thatr keep me offline and interfere with my blogging, missed two Moonletters because of it, so apologies there.

Anyway, before the lurgy got me again on Saturday I had a fun night back at Soul Mods where Baron spinned some awesome Northern soul and treated us to a few of his sixties favourites. Outstanding, I really enjoyed myself and the Baron's eclectic sixties choices were fantastic, and even brought about a guitar rush. Yes like a fifties teen film everybody grabbed their guitar and headed to the stage:


Yes the Travelling Wriggleries [you had to be there] took to showbusiness like a stone to water. But we had fun and it was the begiinings of Friday nights house band with Aston on drums, Lupo on Bass Graz on guitar and Josie on wriggling and guitar. They didnt make much of a tune but they chatted a lot. So, as ever manic mayhem at Soul Mods with an awesome soundtrack to frame our laughter. I mean we even had a gut in a pink dress and suspenders, hey they dug the tunes so who gives a feck ... no drama please, or I'm outa there.


Another great night full of great tunes and laughter, virtual life is sweet. The Twisted Wheel opted to host a night as well, but as it was clashing with an established fixture I couldnt get to it, hope it went well just wish these clashes didnt happen, so little good music on the grid its a pity to clash, ah well innnocence is bliss.

Oh and I lied I'm not passing up the opportunity to get a touch of Marvin on my blog, chill ...

No comments:

Post a Comment