Saturday 13 February 2010

Modernist Fashion in SL


I wouldnt label this coat from SF Design as a strictly modernist item, but it does have an essentially sixties college boy feel to it, I could imagine a Dustin Hoffman type Graduate throwing it on, or a character from a BBC play for today throwing it on before heading out onto the streets of Battersea or Clapham. So a generic sixties style that should be grabbed by an aspring retro virtual modernist.

Its a beautiful piece of workmanship, with lots of prim attachments and variations of style, the linked collar and scarf is a masterstroke; and it is that design that gives it its sense of sharp retro sixties style. There are prim attachments to wear just a collar or to wear the scarf as a seperate item. But its the linking design feature that gives this particular coat the edge over its rivals and I was delighted to add it to my bulging modernist wardrobe. The black and greys are ideal sixties colour shading and just add to the generalised sixties feel I get when I look at this coat. I urge you to grab one, its essential mod wear for the sixties fashionista.

1 comment:

  1. thanks Albion ! great pics and good to see the vision you got from the coat :)

    ReplyDelete