Friday 12 February 2010

Its good to be Back

Ah it felt good to be back at Soul Mods after my self imposed [should that read health rather than self]  exile. Eden was on the decks blasting out some fabulous tunes, all credit to her for delivering time after time; its easy to forget the DJ has another life outside of the virtual world that places demands on their time so was great to see half of our top modette DJ crew still firing on all cylinders and delivering a ripper of a set.  I missed the other half who played last week. The regulars were in attendance, Scotney Sean my funnier but uglier alter-ego, our fantastic hosts Aston and Dugi; skankster DJ Kim, superstar dancer Josie and the Northern virtual legend that is the Baron, plus others who drifted in to check the awesome sounds. We may have been small in number but the music was pounding the chat was loud and the fun was electric. Yeah thats it atmosphere, stuff your traffic, your popvox crap its the atmosphere a club has that imbues it with that sense of style thats appealing: the music the people [yeah avis are people too y'know] the chat that create the atmosphere that defines a club and Soul Mods just melds with my virtual senses perfectly. Thats why I always have such a great time!

Another club where I always have a great time is the Original Soul Rebels HQ, and I popped over there once Eden finished her set whilst I closed down a few techno things and got ready to bid the virtual world goodnight.

Theyt had a new DJ on the decks, yeah OSRHQ stalwart Seth was laying down some smooth contemporary soul and some masterful classics. I think its early days at the decks for Seth, but judging from his tune selection he is definitely going to collect a crowd, some blinding tracks kept me well happy as I plodded on with business whilst Albion ripped up the dance floor. Agood crowd at the club enjoying some great music and fine times, I'm unsure if there is a better contemporary soul club on the grid, if there is one I'd like to visit it. My stay was brief but a blast, not really a solid contempoary soul fan I'm always enlightened by my visits here and was great to hear some storming soul standards...keep on marchin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment