Thursday 6 January 2011

Modernist Fashion in SL

I have been out repeat buying again, as I grabbed myself yet another parka, that must make five of them hoarded away in my wardrobe now. This particular one was found whilst trawling the Marketplace looking for anything remotely mod amidst the mountains of fashion drivel that pours into the virtual world daily. Touted as a Gallagher Parka I surmised it must have its roots in the new real fashion range by the younger Gallagher Pretty Green, so I was intrigued to see how it would translate into virtual fashion design. On the whole its a very nice item, plenty of variations, plenty of well constructed prim work, hood up or down options; a heavy mod motif or a plainer option all very good. However one blot on the landscape is the rather shoddy work on the jacket layer that means my shirt constantly shows beneath the parka where it is meant to meld into the prim hood. No matter how much i tweak the hood I cannot correct this fault, most irritating on a 300l$ plus item. So a great item marred by a slight lapse in concentration, is it worth the 300plus? Hmmm with so few classically mod items on sale for men its a definite contender and I'm content if not ecstatic with mine. It looks good in the right pose and helps with your cool rating so why not give it a try?

The parka comes in a range of colours and in male and female versions, so options for everyone, being a traditionalist I opted for green but as a Britpop mod I guess you can choose whichever colour suits.

[NSD] Gallagher Parka

1 comment:

  1. Albion I bought the same one in blue. They have two versions in there if you notice, one for each gender. I thought it looked decent but my skirt poked through no matter what I did . . . I tried and tried but couldn't get it to fit. Sounds like the same problem you have, only for me it was a skirt. I even tried the male version thinking maybe it would cover better since it was bigger--no luck! If I had it to do over again I would not buy this, as it's too expensive for something I can't wear unless I put a pair of trousers on. I saw Graz Firecaster wearing this first, and it looked great on him though, as it does on you.

    ReplyDelete