Wednesday 17 November 2010

AAi on Tour

Logged on to take a trip to the AAi which I had failed to do for a couple of weeks [stands in corner of virtual shame] and surprised to see there is no flyer informing me the Mod Squad girls are up on decks. Misery, I log on and there's no DJ. But, wait, there is a new modster ion the block DJ Claire, hurray all is well. Oh no, the sim is down Graz is frantically trying to relocate and the rest of us we are just hanging. IM chit chat to discover what the news is, then cheers for Meri and Thom as they throw open their house and jetty for the mod party. Lovely people, and we are away into sixties beat and soul. Grrrreat! as my old my Tony the Tiger used to say*.


There was a healthy crowd in attendance, club nights are okay when your friends are there but so much better when a big crowd turns up. The tunes were great, plenty of white boy blues bands, Yardbirds et al, few cool tracks from the Quadrophenia album to set the scene and some excellent sixties soul plus plenty of Small Faces to keep Dugi and Aston happy. Crazy chat, which is only to be expected at the AAi, the home of crazy chat. Lots to laugh at too, I wasn't the chattiest person there but was having fun listening in.

Its great that there is a fresh new mod DJ on the roster, a different style too which is great. The more variety within the genre the better, and the virtual mod scene has an excellent range of DJs each with a different taste and each bringing something different to the decks whilst still remain true to the Mod/Northern Soul genre. Second Life tunes are good, shame there isn't such a variety of clubs or mod nights. At present we are down to one club, and a couple of mod nights in other clubs, the heady days of a year ago seem to have slipped away. But, I digress; Claire played a great set, lots of old favourites and a definite bluesy streak running through her choice of sixties beat bands. Looking forward to hearing more of her sets at the AAi and anywhere else that is putting on mod nights.

Talking of elsewhere, the Baron was also DJing at the Acropoliss last night playing a sixties set. It was up after the AAi gig and although I tp'd over there I had to admit to myself I was too knackered for a late night. I heard a couple of tunes and the club looked busy, another great night for the night owls out there.

ciao

*okay he's not my real mate just a cartoon flogging cornflakes, kerching thanks Kellogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment