Friday 7 May 2010

An Evening in with the Soul Mod girls

I went to a barbeque at the weekend: lots of booze, too much food, laughing friends and tunes to suit 60+ to 15yrs. Now, although several people have I-Pods I'm the only one daft enough to load music on, actually thats not strictly correct as I am also the only one who has a music collection if we discount a pile of cds given away with the Sunday papers. So, I was designated tunesmeister and had to create a playlist that would keep people happy and allow me to indulge my preference for munching and slurping at  barbeques rather than have to satisfy an infinite music demand from the big O to Lazy Town ... Lazy who? Wait til you have kids. So by now you're wondering what has any of this bollox to do with Second Life? Simples [yes I watch TV adverts too], it lead my to wonder if we underappreciate our DJs in second life who toil away with software I dont understand compiling brilliant playlists on a regular basis sometimes a couple of times a week to keep us entertained, so hats off to all the DJs who entetain us on our virtual nights out, it wouldnt be the same without all the effort you put in!

Ooooh cool deejay segway .... Thursday night at Soul Mods with Eden up on decks. Eden's has been absent for a while techy issues I think and its only when something is gone you realise how much its missed. So it was great to get EWdens sets blasting out of the speakers again. To be frank, I think she should stay away more often as her return set was sublime: it had it all rarities, classics, stompers, chillers truly anm awesome set and undoubtedly one of the best thats been heard at the club, no mean accolade as some amazing sets are delivered by fantastic DJs at the club.

A good crowd of people were in attendance all beautifully dressed. but obviously I expected to shine when Gemma arrived looking the full suedehead business and putting me distinctly in the shade.  A great suedehead/modernist look give that girl a scooter she outfaced the faces tonight and gets my special weekly prize of the "spot that face" logo blog roll. I invented it today and will forget it by tomorrow but rejoice in your award Gemma, great to see mods looking like mods . Now I must discover where you got your uber cool jeans from, its hard work being a fashion icon y'kbnow its just the cross I have to bare* Not only did I have to compete with Gemma's great look, but Eden had one of her own designs on [i reckon I could pull off looking cool in a dress] but super cool mod Lupo arrived too relegating me to fourth place in the modernist fashion league. Oh woe is me!

Thursday was definitely a girls night as Soul Mods regular Josie was celebrating her birthday, uber host Dugi gave her a wonderful bottle of red and he said it tasted delicious, other gifts including gestures and balloons and butterflies, while Josie sipped straight JD in her attic** I sense a B Movie momemt on the horizon. Blimey I'm back at Uni I keep putting footnotes in my blog anal academic alert!!! Anyway Josie seemed to be having whacky fun in the virtual party atmosphere, the tunes were brilliant even if Eden failed to play that monster mod classic "Pass the Dutchie", hey I guess she just lacks Graz's mod credentials ... how fortunate. Party hats and hooters all round, and as a treat Josie shipped her clothes and danced the tango, or did I just read that in Dugi's diary.

So another fantastic night and Soul Mods leading lady Aston's hearing survived another playing of Bernaddete as Dugi sets out to discover how much bass foundations can handle. Thanks to all who turn up and give me something to waffle about and thanks to Eden for producing such a fine set of tunes. Logging out to embark on my mammoth train journey to Wembley, ciao!

*huge dollops of irony here in case you missed it
**further portions of irony, keep up chaps

No comments:

Post a Comment