Monday 17 August 2009

Ska' s gone underground and got lost!


Clubs in Second Life can occassionally have brief lifespans or are relocated and lost to your inventory. One such club suffered that fate, The Unbdeground Ska Club. I have not been there for months and when I shuffled through my Landmarks I found it jumped on a TP and whoah landed on a barren mountainside. So, has the club bitten the dust or been relocated rquiring a trawl thru the SL search engine, I have not looked yet, shame if its gone relief if I locate it as the DJs played some exceptional ska cuts during my visits there.

Like I guess many of my generation I was oblivious to ska until the 2Tone movement burst onto the UK scene in the late seventies. As a schoolboy I joinerd the stage invasion when The Specials played a gig in our grim industrial town, the first gig I ever went to. It encourage a life long love of the music, arrival at the Trojan label and others via Madness, The Beat et al. Sharp two tone suits and the unform of monochrome outfits are standard ska issue; alongside the harder skinhead style all absorbed by the neoMods to embellish modernist fashion and style.

So I pay homage to the SL Ska club of my choice and hope it resurfaces or I can catch the Djs spinning elsewhere.

MOONSTOMPING!!!!!!!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment