Monday 11 April 2011

Charity, its good for the Soul


Logged on to the grid on Saturday and headed off to the Acropolyse for a Race for Life Charity (a UK based cancer charity similar to the Relay for Hope US charity) event, a mammoth eight hour event hosted by three soul DJs, as I arrived I was given a great welcome by Baron and a friendly group of dancers. Joined by Aston and Dugi we settled into a groove to hear some standout tunes. Baron never disappoints on that score, and was soon throwing out the popular, the cool and the rare and entertaining us all, even some who were new to Northern Soul, Baron's set is usually an education as well as entertainment and once again he didn't disappoint.

Unfortunately, I was again a passive presence at a club that had great tunes and some lively chat, I'd expect nothing else if Dugi is present. Even if a club is quiet Mr Rubble soon puts an end to that. I occasionally dipped into chat but for the most part enjoyed the tunes and rested my old peekers, hahaha. But from the glimpses I caught on my HUGE chat text it seemed like everyone was having great fun. And, fantastically after a brief chat with Baron, that Real Life can be a real bugger, I later learnt that the event delivered a whopping 40k plus for the charity. Okay its confessional time. A weakling such as myself failed to last the pace and I logged off around 23.00 UK time, but I feel certain those that stayed had a marvelous time, each one a hero of soul.

ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment