Wednesday 29 December 2010

Ahhh Glorious Yuletide

Lets see, where to start? In the week leading up to Christmas I had a couple of cool virtual nights at Soul Mods with Kim and Slate on decks for Thursday and Friday respectively. Fabulous tunes kept me entertained; whilst my, and Dugi's, choice of attire kept most people amused I think. However Second Life undid me somewhat when I thought I'd changed back to a sombre suit but others saw me as a starkers avatar in socks, quick relog required. Fortunately amongst friends this just passes as another foible of the virtual fiasco that the Lindens have created. Great tunes, great people what a laugh!

Saturday was meant to be a great night out, Slate and Djunglebird's wedding but real life obstructions kept me offline. I'm sure all was wonderful and a great time was had by all. Happy times and good luck to two marvellous people behind the keyboards, hope they're happy and having fun.

The week running up to Christmas was a virtual disaster, so much time consumed by real life Christmas stuff meant I had no time to spare for logging in to Second Life. Then I ended up with a second bout of man flu that kept me in bed for a couple of days; plus, I though either my sound card or speakers were defunct as I was hearing nothing from my PC. Logging on to hear cool tunes was thus redundant so no logging on once I was out of bed; however, today I solved the sound mystery. My five year old had plugged a redundant lead into a hidden headphone socket, kids don't ya just love 'em!

Anyway, I popped into the virtual world for a quick look around today and have my fingers crossed that there'll be a cool Soul Mods on tomorrow, hope to see you all there. Sanity maintained via a cool CD : Keb Darge & Paul Weller Present Lost & Found Real R'n'B & Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment