Tuesday 3 May 2011

Mad Nights Out in the Virtual World

Its unusual for me to log into Second Life on a Monday but I decided to have a wander around the grid mid afternoon and received an IM from Dugi Rubble informing me that there was a sixties night at the Hangout Club with Janis Short on decks. It was a kind of retro battle of the bands formula with Janis only selecting tunes from the Small Faces, the Yardbirds and the Rolling Stones. Great music and some wonderful people in attendance which lead to a great night out sat in my armchair. Several Soul Mods sods were in attendance and we joked and mocked each other most of the night; I surely saw Seren and Shauna taking studious virtual notes and feel certain some of our less than wise utterings will find themselves gestured to all on subsequent Soul Mods nights out. I had a riot, the music marvelous and the company fantastic. Janis is doing it all again next week with a different selection of sixties artists, if you can be there I advise you too its great.

No comments:

Post a Comment